|SMOF Lifeteen YM|
We're KICKING OFF for the school year!
There is so much going on, you have to check it all out in person. But here's a sneak peek: Our Life Nights for the Fall Semester focus on Social Justice. The purpose of this Life Teen semester "is to introduce teens to the Church's social teaching. In this course teens are to learn how Christ's concern for others, especially the poor and needy, is present today in the Church's social teaching and mission. The teens will also learn what it means to be an active member of a community and how to see the needs of each person within the community."
Our Life Nights are for our 9-12th graders but we hope to have a piece to send home to parents each week as well so that the entire family is incorporated into our movement and ministry. Please keep your eyes out for these emails from Tricia, and if you aren't getting them please let us know ASAP (along with your email address) so that we can update our list.
For Email Newsletters you can trust
This semester there are 13 main points that we will cover:
1. Vatican II: The Church is a sign and instrument of communion with God and the unity of the whole race
2. The dignity of human life
3. Responsibilities & rights of all
4. Church always has stood for charity and justice
5. Call to community and participation
6. The social dimension of the commandments
7. Preferential option for the poor
8. 10th Commandment
9. Isn't the degree of a person's success and achievement really measured in terms of financial security and wealth?
10. 4th Commandment
11. 7th Commandment
12. The dignity of work and the rights of workers
13. Care for the environment- Stewards of Creation (CCC 2415-18)
Computer not your thing? Download a pdf of what we are doing the ENTIRE year. Then print it out and hang it up so you know what's going on. Just remember, things might change so check back here, in your email, on the "official" SMOF LIfeteen Facebook page or grab the bulletin from your parents for the most up to date info!